Polyamide materials that are totally impermeable to smoke and steam. . . Generally used for products demanding a cylindrical shape or other format (using special moulds in the latter case), such as:
- in the meat industry: cooked products that do not require smoking (“Lyoner” sausage and variations, pâté, ham cooked in moulds and regenerated, and mortadella)
- for stretched processed cheeses
- for the production of organic and wholemeal food products
- for semi-processed food products, and when a specific product shape is required in general (sliced cooked sausages, meat or other stuffing for pasta manufacturers, processed cheese, stuffing for pasta, maize polenta, gnocchi alla romana, lard etc)
- for industrial use in-house (when the tubular casing is used during production before being removed).
Casings made from special polymers (three or five layers) made up into a permeable or impermeable tubular format. Special tubular casings are available for smoking.
Available in size 50 to size 120, coloured, shirred, clipped or tied to size, in rolls or skeins, with the option of printing in up to 6 colours.
They differ to single layer tubular casings on account of the following specifications:
- shrinking capacity
- superior mechanical resistance and optimum adaptation to the use of machinery
- no weight loss
- maximum conservation of the product even without vacuum packing with the special opaque version
- can be sterilized
- casing peels away perfectly
- glossy casing
They meet all European legal standards for materials coming into contact with foodstuffs.
Multilayer tubular casings made from inedible polymers with a “zero weight loss” barrier effect, and an internal coating designed to release colour, aroma and smoke flavour.
Available in shirred sticks or bound sheets (to size) in sizes ranging from 37mm to 200mm
Ideal for cooked sausages, semi-processed industrial food products, fish (fish carpaccio for slicing), and stretched cheese.